Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Homework 3: First objects in blender

What I have done in blender

I made a few objects in a blender file, mostly centered around the main object I focused on which is a space station. A generic UV sphere was placed behind it to act as a planet. Also I made a set where the actual game would take place. I had the task of architecture, so I pieced together some of the factors that will take place in gameplay including crates that hold items and barrels that explode when enough damage is done to them. Also, using subdivision and extrusion, I created to cranes that give the platform the appearance of a construction site in space.

How this plays into the space fighting/platforming idea 

 This particular level could be set in the moon's orbital space where the player does some mission before or after doing tasks in the space colonies on the surface. The map's focal point will be the actual space station itself, whether the player is actually on it or in a location with it in the background. An immense structure like such will add a certain aesthetic to the scene. I also included some moving parts such as the solar panels on top and bottom and huge rocket thrusts on the outer ring.

As for the small platform in the file, it is part of an idea that is extremely beta. As I said before, the player could be on or off the actual space station, and in this concept, the player is off the station and in some type of orbital construction location. I would like to see the surrounding environment become part of the gameplay as much as any other mechanic, so the cranes could play a part in helping or hindering the player. Also, the barrels could be explosive, causing instant death to anyone nearby and the crates could hold special items that could give the player an advantage.

Link to the Blend. file
http://www.pasteall.org/blend/24024


No comments:

Post a Comment